Monday, August 4, 2008

Is there anything still considered obscene

So I'm still having a little trouble consistently blogging, but I believe the tide is turning and August is the start of what I hope will be an interesting, informative, and thought provoking blog.

All afternoon I have been asking myself if there is anything considered obscene anymore in American culture? We all know television went off the deep end a few years ago, but we know we can keep ourselves from anything we do not want to see, by simply not watching TV. Today I saw something that I didn't know how to keep from seeing and it was nothing but words; a billboard for a used car dealership that said "Easier than your prom date." Immediately I couldn't believe it was really there and said that, then my thoughts went to "what are kids supposed to think when they read that?"

At my church we have been praying for revival in America, to truly see not just a move of God, but a society transformed by Him. Today was just another reminder of how far away from God America has gone, and how important it is for Christians to rise up and stand out against the things that are of this world. If we just let things go and don't press into God, things will keep on the downhill and who can really imagine what would be considered obscene in 25 years; my guess is nothing.

No comments: